Tuesday, 26 June 2007

Feral kittens can become good pets

While I was saddened to read about the feral cat problem in West Boca, I was angered to read the comment "feral cats aren't adoptable" by Dianne Suave, county Animal Care & Control director.

Sixteen years ago, we found a litter of feral kittens in my parents' backyard in New Jersey. When I wanted to adopt one of the kittens, many people tried to tell me that I'd never be able to domesticate a wild cat. I am so grateful that I ignored them, as I have been the proud owner of my beautiful and affectionate cat all these years! The joy she brings to my life is indescribable.

These cats are only out there due to human negligence; don't we owe it to them to give them a chance? I urge people to ignore Ms. Suave's comments as well, and open their hearts and homes to these helpless animals.

No comments: